Monday, 26 March 2007

Omaha Cool

Boy, let me tell you, Omaha is oh so very hip. A cultural moment is going on here, yep, that's what it is, a cultural moment.

I went to the Southern Graphics print conference in Kansas City this past weekend. I laid my portfolio of prints out on the table and when anyone asked where I was from, they always responded in hushed tones full of awe "Omaha....what's that like?"

The, I realized they must get the NY Times before me.

http://travel.nytimes.com/2007/03/25/travel/tmagazine/03talk.omaha.t.html?ref=tmagazine

After reding this article and the one about how LA doesn't get any respect at all, I realized that, yes, we are all that and a bag of chips--"cool Ranch" I imagine. And I had heard of one of he bands that is mentioned, which means I'm not yet "Omaha Cool"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is the first time I've heard the words 'Omaha' and 'Cool' together!