Tuesday, 5 August 2008

Blizzard Voices

So I am currently doing a project which is very exciting for me. I'm designing the visual component for a new Operetta to be produced by Opera Omaha. Its based on a book of poems by Ted Kooser about the Blizzard of 1888 (lots of kids die). For The Blizzard Voices, I am producing 50 or so drawings which illustrate (in some cases) or make counter-points to the action in the libretto.

Down sides to the project?

1. I've only heard the music once, because the music director played it for me on the piano in his office.

2. I will have less than a month to be introduced to the project, plan it and execute it. It premiers on Sept 12.

3. doesn't hardly pay anything.

Still, it is a very fun job and hopefully I'll get some good publicity.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

are you getting any publicity?